Voting Dates and Times
November 8, 2022, from 6:00 AM – 9:00 PM
In New York State, you must register in advance before you can vote.
In order to register to vote, you must:
- be a United States citizen;
- be 18 years old (you may pre-register at 16 or 17 but cannot vote until you are 18);
- resident of this state and the county, city or village for at least 30 days before the election;
- not be in prison for a felony conviction;
- not be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court;
- not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
Although you can register any time during the year, your completed form must be delivered or mailed at least 25 days before the next election for it to be effective for that election.
You may contact the Dutchess County Board of Elections to request a New York State Voter Registration Form by calling (845) 486-2473. A voter registration form may also be obtained at most state agency offices and post offices.
You may also download and print out the forms by clicking the links below:
You may also request that the State Board of Elections send you a form.